Best Ski Lessons at Alyeska (Inquire With Us Below)
You can learn Skiing completely in 2 weeks! This has been attended by over 2,500 new skiers over the two years. We have taken the exact techniques from several Alyeska’s pro riders on what works best in their training and put it ALL in this course.
Alyeska Resort is located in the Chugach Mountains, about 40 miles south of Anchorage, Alaska. Here are some key features and information about Alyeska Resort:
- Skiing and Snowboarding: Alyeska is known for its excellent skiing and snowboarding opportunities. The resort boasts a variety of slopes suitable for all skill levels, from beginners to advanced skiers and snowboarders.
- Terrain and Trails: The resort offers diverse terrain, including groomed runs, open bowls, and challenging steeps. It has a summit elevation of around 2,750 feet and receives abundant snowfall, providing a lengthy ski season.
Lessons for All Ages and Levels.
YES! You can be absolutely UNSTOPPABLE on skis. By learning this system, you are going to take out frustration, the slow-trick learning, and the mediocrity.
Best Areas in Aleyska for Beginner Skiers
- Bear Cub Quad: This lift provides access to a set of gentle slopes ideal for beginners. The Bear Cub Quad is specifically designed to cater to those who are new to skiing or snowboarding.
- Lower Bowl Area: The lower slopes of the mountain, near the base area, generally feature more forgiving terrain suitable for beginners. These areas provide ample space for practicing and building confidence.
- Magic Carpet Lifts: Alyeska Resort typically has magic carpet lifts, which are surface lifts designed for beginners. These are conveyor belt-like lifts that make it easy for newcomers to access gentle slopes without the challenge of a traditional chairlift.
- Sitzmark Lift: The Sitzmark Lift serves some green (beginner) trails and is a good choice for those who are progressing from the easier slopes near the base area.
- Lesson Programs: Alyeska offers ski and snowboard lesson programs for beginners. These lessons are designed to help newcomers learn the basics and gain confidence on the slopes. It’s advisable for beginners to consider taking lessons to get started on the right foot.
Aleyska Trail Designations: Ski trails are typically labeled with different colors indicating their difficulty level. Green trails are generally designated for beginners and are the easiest, featuring gentle slopes and a less steep gradient.
Keep in mind that trail layouts and designations may change, and it’s a good idea to check with the resort directly or consult their trail maps for the most up-to-date information. Additionally, the availability of lessons and rental equipment can enhance the experience for beginners, helping them feel more comfortable as they start their skiing or snowboarding journey.
Skiing is one of the most amazing sports in the world!
Do you want to effortlessly fly down slopes through powder? Ski Lessons of Alyeska teaches the 10-Point Learning System. This is the fastest step-by-step system out there. A system recommended by the U.S. -Russian Consulate General.
Now is a perfect time.
Experience the thrill of an experienced skier.
Fun and Satisfaction are Guaranteed!
- Weight Distribution
- Learn How To Balance
- Downhill, Cruising, or Slalom
- How To Use The Board For Transportation and Bomb the Steeps
- Basic Maneuvers (Power slide, Fast Turns, Ski Turns, etc)
- Intermediate (Moguls, Glade technique, Pole Planting)
- How to Ride the Half pipe, Get air, Grind, and do Tricks
Alyeska Resort: A Winter Wonderland of Skiing Bliss
Regional and Historical Charms: Nestled in the picturesque town of Girdwood, Alaska, Alyeska Resort stands as a testament to the state’s unrivaled natural beauty. With a skiing history dating back to 1954, Alyeska has become an iconic destination, drawing winter sports enthusiasts to its breathtaking slopes.
Statistical Splendor: Boasting an average snowfall of 669 inches annually, Alyeska offers an extensive skiable area of 1,610 acres, providing ample terrain for skiers and snowboarders of all levels. The Chugach Mountains, framing the resort, contribute to its renowned powder conditions, making it a haven for those seeking an authentic Alaskan skiing experience.
Terrains Tailored for All:
Beginners: The Bear Cub Quad lift serves gentle slopes like Easy Street, ensuring newcomers can build confidence as they embark on their skiing journey.
Intermediates: For those seeking a bit more challenge, the Chair 4 lift opens up a variety of blue runs, including Upper and Lower Midnight Run, providing the perfect mix of thrill and accessibility.
Pro Skiers: Experts can quench their thirst for adrenaline by tackling the North Face and Christmas Chute, renowned for their challenging steeps and deep powder.
Family-Friendly Fun: The Mighty Mite and the Glacier Bowl Express offer family-friendly areas where kids can hone their skills while parents revel in the breathtaking Alaskan scenery. The Sitzmark Bar & Grill, a local favorite, provides a casual setting for après-ski gatherings, making it an ideal spot for families to unwind.
Parking: Navigate the terrain hassle-free by utilizing the resort’s convenient parking facilities, ensuring a seamless transition from car to slopes.
Dining: Indulge in local flavors at the Seven Glaciers Restaurant, perched atop Mount Alyeska. This fine-dining establishment offers panoramic views and a menu highlighting Alaska’s culinary treasures.
Post-Ski Relaxation: After a day on the slopes, rejuvenate at The Spa at Alyeska, where the stunning mountain backdrop enhances the relaxation experience. For those seeking nightlife, the Sitzmark Bar pulsates with energy, providing live music and a vibrant atmosphere.
Explore the town of Girdwood with its charming shops, and don’t miss the chance to witness the northern lights if you’re lucky. For souvenirs, the Alyeska Resort Gift Shop offers an array of locally crafted treasures.
Alyeska Resort, with its unique blend of challenging slopes, family-friendly areas, and Alaskan charm, beckons winter enthusiasts to experience the magic of skiing amidst the stunning wilderness of the Last Frontier.
PO Box 249, Girdwood, AK
We meet outside of the base lodge for your first lesson. When ready, we take you down your first beginner trail.
Alyeska Investment: (Full equipment rental available)
Private Lessons (Offered at Alyeska ) – From $87.50/Student/Lesson
Group Lessons From $69/Student/ Lesson